Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I admire this man. . .

. . .who features in this news story which happened today.

Even though his girlfriend became blind and brain damaged in an accident, he stood by her and married her last year.

I have no connection with anybody involved, and I have no knowledge of the accident, and I assume that there was no guarantee, when they got married, that the court proceedings would conclude in their favour.

But I can think of some men who, faced with this situation, would have dumped the girlfriend.

Two phrases come to my mind: the first is that love is not an emotion, but an act.

And the second: "My yoke is easy and my burden light". You might think it is going to be a heavy cross for him to bear looking after his wife, but I have a feeling that, sometimes, what seems to us to be a cross, to someone else could be regarded as a blessing.

No comments: