Friday, March 20, 2009

My take on the business about the Pope and condoms

While all the palaver has been going on about condoms and AIDS in Africa, etc, it is time for me to give my tuppence worth.

Let me make one thing clear: I strongly believe that this whole business is not about Africa at all, but it is really about the so-called Western World.

It is about the fact that certain people want to live a certain lifestyle. Therefore, they must silence or quench anybody or anything which might get in the way. What they basically want is for the Pope to approve of a sexuality based on the principles of "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!"

So when I hear various bleeding hearts commentating in various media about the poor people in Africa dying of AIDS, frankly I am cynical that they are really only thinking about Number One.

Here are two more takes on the issue worth reading: first here from David Quinn, and second here from John Waters, both published in Ireland's two biggest newspapers today.

Generally speaking on the subject of the development of Africa, I have long believed that quite a number of people in the Western World are, under the disguise of development, really trying to make everyone (including Africans) think that Africa is to blame for Africa's problems; such as, you are all breeding far too many children, etc. Therefore the nice middle-class people of the Western World don't necessarily have to feel guilty about their current use of the planet's resources - and therefore do not have to reduce their consumption, or change their habits or lifestyles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brendan..send me an e-mail..think I lost yours. How's things??